News, Announcements And Information
As we become increasingly dependent upon technology to conduct our daily banking business, cybersecurity and identity theft is on the minds of many consumers and businesses. We all too frequently hear about thieves who have hacked into systems, stolen sensitive information or one’s identity and drained accounts in seconds.
To better protect our customers from these “on-line pirates”, Central Bank has partnered with IBM Security Trusteer Rapport. Trusteer Rapport is a compact and point security software solution that removes existing malware infections on a PC or Mac, prevents new infections, secures the browser against tampering and data theft and provides a customized fix for persistent threats, phishing and other malware-based attacks.
Trusteer Rapport’s innovative technology picks up where conventional software tends to fail. From the moment it is installed, Trusteer Rapport protects your computer and mitigates financial malware infections. Trusteer also communicates with Central Bank, allowing our security team to take immediate action against changes in the threat landscape. This is a totally different layer of protection that is more integrated and in-depth than typical anti-virus computer programs, which according to studies, only detects about 25% of the malware currently infecting most consumers and businesses’ computers.
Trusteer Rapport is unique in that it doesn’t look for file signatures, like antivirus programs do. The software doesn’t even bother to examine what the file is. Instead, it assesses what the file does. By doing this,Trusteer Rapport detects the malware installation process and breaks it thus keeping the computer clean. Even if your computer is infected by malware, Trusteer Rapport detects it and blocks any attempt by the malware to compromise the browser and your online banking session. By stopping the malware’s bad behavior, Trusteer Rapport is able to provide protection above and beyond what is possible with only antivirus software.
How Trusteer Protects:
- Removes existing financial malware from the computer immediately
- Prevents future malware infections
- Protects credentials and personal information from key-logging and screen capturing attempts.
- Stops phishing attacks from stealing credentials and sensitive/personal data
- Notifies Central Bank of threat activity to further prevent fraud
Benefits to Central Bank customers:
- Easy to install: Click on the application found on Central Bank’s website. Installation takes only a few seconds
- Compact: Trusteer Rapport is a small piece of software that won’t slow down your computer or interfere with other applications.
- Automatic: Nothing for you to maintain as updates are done automatically.
- Proven: Trusteer Rapport was developed by online security experts
Best of All it’s FREE– For Central Bank Customers
That is why Central Bank has chosen Trusteer Rapport to provide the best protection for our customers for all of the online transactions. For more information, please go to the link below.